We are a business family that has left an agribusiness legacy to many generations to come in the Department of Magdalena.
First crops and livestock business established by the first generation of the Davila family
1959 – 1975
- Cotton crop 5 hectares
- Establishment of the Dairy Company San Francisco (Dairy products).
- First Oil Palm crops established by the second generation.
Consolidation of the Grupo DAABON (DAABON Group).
- Establishment of the Tequendama milling plant (12 t/day).
- Organic certification in Oil Palm, Coffee and Banana.
- Installation of a fruit dehydration plant for banana, mango and pineapple.
1993 – 1998
- First coffee, crude palm oil and banana exports to the European and Japanese markets.
- Establishment of the refinery plant (35 t/day).
- Partnership with the Sociedad Portuaria de Santa Marta (The Santa Marta Port Society)
- Terlica (Liquid Bulk Terminal) is established.
1999 – 2003
- DAABON is strategically allied with commercial agents authorized to market our products.
- Start of the alliances project (small producers).
- The refinery plant is expanded, and the fractioning plant is installed.
- Rainforest and NOP certifications for some of our products.
2004 – 2009
- First Colombian company to start the RSPO certification process.
- New plant for shortenings.
- Expansion of hectares for agricultural production (4.000 hectares)
2010 – 2015
- First company in Colombia to obtain the RSPO Certification.
- Oil palm cultivations are Rainforest Alliance certified.
- The Clean Development Mechanism is implemented by means of which an energy self-generation system is commissioned.
2015 – 2018
- Daabon is strategically allied with commercial agents authorized to market our products.
- First honey harvest from our conservation areas.
- FairTrade Certification in Palm Oil.
- First company to be RSPO Next certified in the world.
- First exports of Hass avocado to Europe.
- RSPO Certification to Palma y Trabajo
- Strategic alliance with Soapworks (soap supplier company in the international markets).